Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:49:11 +0100 (MET)
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
To:        Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <mekanix@privat.dk>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Compiling non-port sources

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> Presently I'm trying to compile scribus (http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/)
> which fails to locate png, jpeg and qt. I got it to locate jpeg, but png is
> still in the dark. Qt is a puzzle it accepts
> --with-qt-includes=/usr/X11R6/includes/qt2 but it still fails to load the
> libraries. I've tried --with-qt-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib/ and other, but with
> no luck.
>
> Any help tips would be apreciated.

Mmm, it's a little out of my field of KDE-related fixing and meddling, but
I'll take a look at it tonight. You *can* do a lot of sneaky stuff with
setting environment variables before invoking configure, though. For
example:

CXXFLAGS="-L/usr/X11R6/lib/qt2 -I/usr/X11R6/include" ./configure

will often -- again, it depends a little on the configure script -- use
those flags for the C++ parts of the app.