Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 14:00:19 -0500
From:      "Roger P. Johnson" <rjohnson@hirshfields.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does anyone use Netscape 6.x on FreeBSD that WORKS ?

Long time user of both FreeBSD and Netscape browsers, like them both but
I am at a rope's end in getting the Netscape 6 Browser to work on
FreeBSD reliably.

Does anyone have the Flash pluging working? I have yet to see it work.

The Java Applets can lock up my browser. Have to kill it off. I then
have tons of java_vm processes I have to kill off. Thank goodness for
killall(1) command.

This is the Linux version, both Netscape 6.2 and Netscape 6.2.3 on
FreeBSD 4.1.

I would like to upgrade the users from 4.7x to 6.x but I don't see how I
can. Browsers have become so standard that I cannot realistically
deliver Netscape 6 out to what should be basic and fundamental browsing.
Ugh.

Has anyone a *native* port of Netscape 6, the Java plugin, and the Flash
plugin for FreeBSD?

I'm going to try Netscape 6, Flash, and Java on Linux and see if that
works. I'll bet it works there.

Am I missing something here in my setup???

Any other peoples experiences welcomed!

Thanks,
-Roger