Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 1995 09:02:00 -0600
From:      tst@titan.cs.mci.com (Thomas S. Traylor)
To:        werner@btp1x5.phy.uni-bayreuth.de, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I make boot floppies?

>> I cannot find how to make boot floppies in any of the faqs or documentation.
>> Could you point me the the right information.  Thanks.
>>

> Read the file INSTALL !
> You can use "rawrite" under DOS (in the "tools"-directory)
> or "dd" under unix ('dd if=floppies/boot.flp of=/dev/rfd0').
>
> Werner

I find this an acceptable response if one wanted to copy the boot.flp image
from the cdrom or from an ftp site to a floppy.  But how does one go about
creating their own bootable floppy?  Say, one that does not place them into the
FreeBSD  Installation scripts. I would like to create a floppy that I can use
to boot my system and use it to repair any damage to my current configuration.

Tom