Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 18:18:05 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        fee@tetrahome.tetranet.net (Mark Murdock)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Natd problems

> Perhaps someone can help me straighten this problem out.
> I just cvsup'd the stable source last night and ran a "make buildworld"
> and "make installworld" on my system.

see my previous message on -stable. I tried to reproduce the problem
but without success (i.e. everything worked as expected), although
i suspect the fxp driver and i don't have one to try.

What network card do you have, is it using the "fxp" driver by chance ?

> I brought a couple of my /etc files up to date from /usr/src/etc.
> I seem to be having problems with my natd diverting now.  Previously, I
> had a network of 10.0.0.0/8 machines that used my freeBSD machine as a
> gateway to the internet.  Everything worked fine.  Now, after remaking
> the OS, it seems that IP packets are getting to my BSD machine on the
> ethernet interface, being translated and sent out the PPP interface, and
> are even being returned to the PPP interface, but never making it back to

Thanks for the above info.
Can you try run natd with the -v flag to check if it sees the packets
back ?
also can you send me the relevant bits of your ipfw natd.conf etc ?

	thanks
	luigi