Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:33:49 +1030 (CST)
From:      Stavros Patiniotis <stavros@esc.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        stavros@esc.net.au
Subject:   Cyclades + Mgetty

Hiya all,
	I have installed a cyclades card, and have re-compiled the kernel
with 'cy' support.  I have made ten devices ttyc[0-9] and have installed
mgetty on the the system. (FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE)

MY problem comes about with any access through the cyclade card can only
work at speeds of 9600.  I have tried accessing the port manually with
'cu', and any speed abovet 9600 will not work (ie I can't communicate with
the modem- well infact whatever I type is echoed back to the screen, but
no repose from the modem DTR is raised), HOWEVER if I plug a modem into
cuaa0 (COM1) it will work at any speed eg 57600,38400 etc etc...

Can someone please shed some light on the matter?

Please leave the CC to stavros@esc.net.au since I'm not subscribed to the
list.

Thanks.

Regards,

Stavros Patiniotis
-System Administrator / Network Manager  	       Escape.Net            -
-				       		       465b South Rd         -
-email: stavros@esc.net.au			       Keswick SA 5035       -