Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2001 12:11:22 +1100
From:      "James Macnicol" <j-macnicol@adfa.edu.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Keyboard problems during Alpha install

I have downloaded the boot floppies for FreeBSD 4.2 with a view to
installing it on my Alph a (PC164, 433MHz 21164A, ZlX-pE2 video, Asus SC-200
SCSI, DE500 Ethernet).  I can get it to read both the floppies but after the
kernel starts  my keyboard stops working (i.e. when it gets to the part
where it asks what sort of console I have I can't type anything).  The
kernel seems to see the keyboard controller okay (there are references in
the startup messages to atkbdc0 and atkbd0 on IRQ1 as they should be).  I
have tried this both through my Cybex KVM switch and also with a standard
keyboard.

Does anyone have any what to do in this situation ?

Thanks.

--
James Macnicol
j-macnicol@adfa.edu.au