Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:05:57 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        "W. D." <WD@US-Webmasters.com>
Cc:        shigeaki@f.csce.kyushu-u.ac.jp, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, yongari@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nightmare on FreeBSD Street: NIC Drivers

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 01:09:06PM -0600, W. D. wrote:
 > Compiled, built kernel, and world per:
 >
 > <http://www.f.csce.kyushu-u.ac.jp/~shigeaki/software/freebsd-nfe.html>;
 >
 > Still getting timeout errors.  Seems like more of them
 > with this "nfe" driver.
 >
 > FreeBSD 6.2, Asus M2NPV-VM, nVidia Ethernet.
 >
 > Can anyone help me debug this problem or suggest a solid,
 > reliable, and compatible PCI NIC to use instead?

nfe(4) is not part of official release of FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE or
RELENG_6. I don't have any 6.x box with nfe(4) hardwares so it's
hard to fix ATM. Would you try nfe(4) on 7.0-RELEASE or HEAD?
If you still see watchdog timeout errors on 7.0-RELEASE or HEAD
please let me know.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon