Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 2021 01:26:03 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Klaus_K=C3=BCchemann?= <maciphone2@googlemail.com>
To:        Matthew Grooms <mgrooms@shrew.net>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rpi4 network boot

Hi ,

> Am 05.01.2021 um 00:29 schrieb Matthew Grooms <mgrooms@shrew.net>:
>>=20
> Replying to my own email, sorry. I was reading a recent thread on =
u-boot and firmware versions

and, did you get headache from reading that ;-)

> and got the idea of trying to update to the master version of rpi4 =
firmware dated January 4th ...
>=20
> https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/archive/master.zip
>=20
> With that I was able to netboot successfully. Want to make sure this =
is out there for anyone else trying to do the same. I'm not sure which =
new file did the trick as I just copied the firmware/boot files into the =
firmware path. Here is a list of the resulting file set in the directory =
=E2=80=A6

while happy to hear that it works for you at the moment in your context,
That firmware you linked would break  in other contexts so I guess we =
will not use it in release=E2=80=A6
but that=E2=80=99s a longer story=20
and by the way, it=E2=80=99s very good that you=E2=80=99re here because =
we eventually  could ask you to test=20
netboot again for the case we plan to make changes to firmware-files in =
releases.

> Am 05.01.2021 um 01:18 schrieb Matthew Grooms <mgrooms@shrew.net>:
>=20
> So, the newer dtb file was really a step backwards :( Any ideas?

=E2=80=A6 ouch, I see in your above new message that it breaks again, =
really no surprise=E2=80=A6.
so I guess we have to talk about(and test) your issue the next days=E2=80=A6=
=20
I`m offline for the rest of the day(night here) but perhaps there are =
others still here tonight...

thanks
Regards

K.