Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2006 06:48:42 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@scoop.co.nz>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/105610: obolete patches in print/freetype2 (fixed upstream)

>Number:         105610
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       obolete patches in print/freetype2 (fixed upstream)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD io.scoop.co.nz 6.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p2 #0: Thu Jun 29 15:53:19 NZST 2006 root@io.scoop.co.nz:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/io i386

	3 patches in this port fail to apply cleanly, meaning that the port does not build.  I've marked this as high priority because of the number of other ports that depend on freetype.

>How-To-Repeat:

	build port as usual

>Fix:

	It appears that each of the patches that has failed has been taken care of in the upstream code.  Therefore remove the following patch files, and then build port as usual.

/usr/ports/print/freetype2/files/patch-builds::unix::freetype2.in
/usr/ports/print/freetype2/files/patch-src::base::ftsynth.c
/usr/ports/print/freetype2/files/patch-src_sfnt_sfdriver.c

Note however that while this does build, I haven't understood what the code in question does, and have yet to test the result.