Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:54:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is there an xterm that faithfully recreates FreeBSD syscons?

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Mar 1996, Donald Burr wrote:
> > So, I ask: is there a better xterm-like program that more faithfully
> > displays console-based (i.e. syscons) applications?  OR, is there a way
> > of configuring or playing around with Xterm/rxvt/etc. (possibly X
> > configs, or termcap entries, or whatnot) to make such character-based
> > apps look better?
>
> I've got a patched version of rxvt that does everything I want it to.
>
> Fixed the problem with ^[[0m, better ansi colors and a few more
> compile time option.
>
> Email me if you want it.

Very interested.  Also interested if anyone has been able to compile a
working rxvt under SVR4 (Esix, in particular, I think it's X11R4), so
that I can stop having people running rxvt off of my FreeBSD machine so
that they get visible colors on some of the sourceless apps
that won't distinguish what's highlighted without color.

It's sick and demented, having people on a SVR4 machine using rsh to
execute rlogin (back to the starting machine) in an rxvt, just to have color.