Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 02:44:58 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Paul=20Jansen?= <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
To:        Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HPT366 controller

Thanks Mark.  I'm not sure what you mean by that last
bit.  I can't get a prompt in order to do this as far
as I know.
I actually swapped the Hitachi DVD-ROM drive out and
put a regular CD-ROM in.  The CD-ROM was able to be
seen fine as an installation target while hanging off
the HPT366 controller.  It seems that FreeBSD 4.0 just
didn't like the DVD drive.  Maybe 4.1 will work with
it.  I'll get the system installed then try swapping
the DVD frive back in and see what happens.

--- Marc van Woerkom
<marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com> wrote: > > I
have an Abit BP6 board that I am trying to