Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 09:36:22 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        "Raistlin, Master of Past and Present" <raistln@ksu.edu>
Cc:        dkelly@hiwaay.net, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: (there wasn't any, but its an HP net printer problem)

On Sat, 8 Feb 1997, Raistlin, Master of Past and Present wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Feb 1997 dkelly@hiwaay.net wrote:

{...}

> > > 	lp|oak|Hewlett Packard Laserjet 3Si:\
> > > 	        :lp=/dev/null:rm=myhostname:rp=oak:sd=/var/spool/lpd/oak:
> >
> > Try changing "rp=oak" above to "rp=lp". HP's embedded lpd emulates a host
> > with a printer named lp attached. You can still call it oak locally.
>
> Now I'm getting this error here:
>
> 	waiting for queue to be enabled on oak.ksu.ksu.edu

If I recall correctly, doesn't the JetDirect lpd have two queues: raw and
text??

So you might want to try rp=text.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia