Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:26:01 +1100
From:      Eddie Irvine <eirvine@tpgi.com.au>
To:        "P. Barmentlo" <pbm@barmentlo.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realtek RTL8029 pci ethernet card..

P. Barmentlo wrote:

> Hai..

Hi.

> I was wundering if the Realtek RTL8029 pci ethernet card is supported in
> freebsd-stable.

I think so - isn't it for NE2000 compatible?

> When i boot:
>
> pci0:13:    vendor=0x10ec, device=0x8029, class=network (ethernet) int a
> irq 9 [no driver assigned]

Hmm. You do have the ed0 device in the kernel, don't you?
(Its in the GENERIC).

I'm not at work at the moment, but my NE2000 cards don't come
up with those irq's and pci numbers (I don't think). I'm
wondering if this is a pnp problem?

Before you do anything else, dig out the MS-DOS set-up utility
that came with the card and check out the settings on the card.

Eddie.