Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 07:59:56 +0800
From:      "Jun Favoreal" <fpcf@hotmail.com>
To:        sumirati@yahoo.de
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bridging without ipfw

>From: m p <sumirati@yahoo.de>
>To: junf@wavephil.com
>Subject: Re: bridging without ipfw
>Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:05:28 +0200 (CEST)

I also share the same thought already. But, yesterday, I tried this setup on
another server running 4.3-RELEASE and with the same customized kernel
options, same network diagram. This time it worked!

My hunch is the problem might be with the NICs I used in the previous
server. Both or one of the two might not be supported by FreeBSD's bridging.
The two cards were ep0 and vx0. In the new server where bridging worked I
had xl0 and xl1. What do you think ???