Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 04:24:59 -0600
From:      RichardH <rh@storm2k.com>
To:        Crispin Bennett <crispin@crisweb.webcentral.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why are messages to this list appearing in *.freebsd.questions ng's?

At 04:14 AM 9/13/2002, Ceri Davies wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 07:47:18PM +1000, Crispin Bennett wrote:
> > .. and is there a warning when signing up that this will be the case? If
> > not, why not?
>
>Because it's a public mailing list, and people can pretty much do whatever
>they want with it.
>
>Do you object to your address being on Google ?
>What about the MARC at aimsgroup.com ?
>
> > I don't remember assenting to this happening.
>
>You posted to a public forum, therefore your post becomes public.
>
> > If, however, there is no such notification, someone here needs a big
> > fucking kick in the balls (or whatever equivalent piece of anatomy
> > pertains to their gender).
>
>Correct. Someone certainly does.
>
>Ceri
>
>--
>you can't see when light's so strong
>you can't see when light is gone

Crispin, you are posting to a public forum, and people can reply to you, as
stated above, if you have been posting to public forums for 2 years and are
just now getting spam, please enlighten us as to how you are managing this.
See above, your addy and name are listed at many places, has nothing to do
with this list, has to do with you wanting to post, so you know now which
part is offending and needs to be stopped :)