Date:      Wed, 06 May 2009 20:32:05 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Ashish Shukla <wahjava@gmail.com>
Subject:   split xcbgen from xcb-proto

It seems that it is a kind of bloating to require python with X (even if only a
small portion of it is needed). Unfortunately upstream guys maintain xcb-proto and
xcbgen in the same distribution. But a trend among packgers seem to be to split
these two into separate packages. I wonder if anybody is working on the same for
our ports.

>From the point of view of the port itself it seems to be as easy building only one
subdirectory of the project, e.g.:
http://cvsweb.se.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/x11/xcb-proto/patches/patch-ae?rev=1.1

But it seems to be a more challenging task to decide which "higher level" ports
should depend on xcb-proto alone and which need xcbgen too.

--
Andriy Gapon