Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:50:54 -0500
From:      Austin hall <ash@vectorstar.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dual booting issue

I have FreeBSD installed on one disk all by it's self.
I have another disk with a couple of random partitions on
it--the second partition being wind*ws. The bios is configured
to boot from the drive with FreeBSD on it. I have installed
the FreeBSD MBR stuff on both disks with the boot0cfg command.

The problem is that when I do a warm reboot from FreeBSD I can't
boot up the windows partition. It just hangs and does nothing.
However if I power off and then power on again it allows me to boot
windows just fine.

Fortunately I do not need to boot into windows often, but it is still
irritating out of principal. Previously I had LILO installed and it
worked fine.

Austin
--
Captain Penny's Law:
	You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of