Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:04:14 +0200
From:      "Andrey P. Babiy" <dea@email.dp.ua>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem

Hi,

I have a problem: I can't install FreeBSD.

Everything is O.K. till the installation program starts to copy the bin
into my computer. It doesn't look like a problem with configuring because I
can see that the installation program found and recognized all the devices.
I have been trying to install FreeBSD from CDROM. I also couldn't have
installed from floppies and DOS partition.

Computer: 486DX2/66, HDD Seagate 525Mb, RAM 8Mb.

The FreeBSD version number is 3.3.

On the second console (Alt+F2) I can see some debug information. It starts
from:

/mnt/dev/rwd0s1a
/mnt/dev/wd0s1a
0 blocks
Warning: 1344 (or another number) sector(s) in last cylinder unallocated

Then I see a lot of numbers and strings like:
/mnt/...

And it ends with:

DEBUG: Generating /etc/fstab file
cd9660: RockRidge Extension

This is the last string generated by the installation program. And there
was no any action after that.

On the main console I can see:
1024 bytes read from bin dist, chunk 1 of 107 @ 1.0 KB/sec.

Probably, someone might help me to solve my problem. What should I check or
try?

Thank you in advance.

By, Andrey.