Date:      Sat, 07 Dec 2002 21:26:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        re-builders@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: make readmes not in CHROOTDIR?

On 08-Dec-2002 Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> Gang,
>
> A release with ports is failing for me because make readmes is
> performed outside the chroot'd environment. Consequently, it's
> picking up settings from /etc/make.conf and bombing out. In
> this case (net/gnugadu) the port is broken, but I thought that
> we want to avoid leaking host machine settings. Why is this not
> done from within the chroot?

*shrug*  No idea why not.  No reason it can't be done from within
the chroot.  It takes too long on alpha and sparc64 though, so I
didn't do it for RC1 (my u60 took 4.5 hours to get up to ports/misc).

Speaking of which, RC1 bits for alpha and sparc64 are uploading
right now, but since it is over my DSL line they will probably take
at least all night to get to ftp-master and will still need to be
put in the right places on ftp-master.