Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 12:16:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Odd install quirk, or am I doing something wrong?

Something I've noticed of the recent2.2-SNAPs, and need an answer to.

When doing an upgrade using 2.2-980228-SNAP or 2.2-980309-SNAP over a
2.2-9712??-SNAP, (and I've seen this with other versions of the SNAPs),
when I go to the screen where I'm supposed to mount the various slices,
I'm looking at a blank screen.  Now, if I quit, I loose everything
(learned this on a development machine and lost 1.6G of stuff, which
since I head warnings, was backed up, for the most part), the
(dos level) partition is still there, but the slices are gone.

If on the other hand, I hit reset, I can reboot the old OS just fine.

Is this just me (I've seen it on two machines and three different SNAPs in
the last month), or is something wrong? I'd be surprized if something like
this went unnoticed for this long, so I suspect it's just me.