Date:      Fri, 04 Jan 2002 20:01:13 -0500
From:      "WESLEY MORGAN" <wesleymorgan@charter.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X keyboard problem

I'm trying to run XFree86 4.1.0 on my -current box, and
having a very strange problem. I get no input from the
keyboard. This happens with XFree 3.6 and 4.1, and I am sure
that the configuration is correct - it's virtually identical
to my Laptop's config that works fine.

The strangest thing is that if I open an xterm and try
typing some garbage, when I quit X, I see at the shell
prompt " \! \! \! \!". Odd!

I would really like to get X working on this box. Does
anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?