Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:45:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using Linux libraries

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Tim Tsai wrote:

> We currently have a Linux box running Sybase's client software (as
> libraries).  The box also runs Perl with the DBI::Sybase interface and
> sqsh, both using these libraries.
>
> Is there anyway I can get this whole environment to work under FreeBSD
> (any version)? I guess for sqsh, I should be able to run it under the
> Linux emulation (it doesn't need any other files other than the library).
> What about the Linux perl?

  Or you could use the FreeTDS driver on FreeBSD to do the same thing
natively under FreeBSD.  The FreeTDS driver has some rough areas.  The
FreeTDS driver may become obsolete soon, as a Sybase rep announced on the
FreeTDS list that he is working to have the Sybase client made OpenSource.

> Lastly, any chance of cross compiling for the Linux environment using
> FreeBSD - otherwise we'll have to keep the Linux box around just for
> development.

  I belive there is a linux-dev port for this.

> Thanks,
>
> Tim

Tom