Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 19:09:16 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnupg 0.9.7

On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 04:56:19PM -0700, Chris Piazza wrote:
> > It appears to be an older-gcc problem, unless you count taking a
> > completely empty machine, installing 3.2-RELEASE on it, and then
> > trying to make the gnupg port as the first thing after the initial
> > reboot, a local problem.
> >

> Sorry, I meant local to FreeBSD's "version" of gcc (ie. modifications).

Ahh, ok.  Unfortunately, I don't have a gcc-2.7.2 floating around for
any other platforms, either, so I can't test this theory, although I'm
absolutely stumped as to why cflags without -pipe would work.

All in all, the --disable-asm fix would seem to be the best one for
now (it's certainly the cleanest), and unless someone is doing major
gnupg work (maybe an order of magnitude more than is likely to appear
in day-to-day email/news reading), the loss in performance by using
the non-optimised code is likely to be negligable from an end-user
perspective.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.