Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2006 06:16:03 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port for Perl modules

Nikolas Britton wrote:

> > > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=p5&stype=all
> >
> > That was probably the first thing I did. Unfortunately, the ports tree
> > does not list Perl modules as they are listen on CPAN. Consequently,
> > finding the exact module can sometimes be a challenge. In this
> > particular case, I have not been able to isolate either of the two
> > modules list above. I find it hard to believe that neither of them has
> > been ported however, especially since so many obscure modules do reside
> > in the ports tree.
> >

> I donno... try:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/mail/p5-Net-SMTP-TLS/pkg-descr
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/net/libnet10/pkg-descr

The /net/libnet10 port might be the same as the CPAN Bundle-Libnet
module(s). I will have to investigate that one. However, the
/mail/p5-Net_SMTP-TLS port is not the same as the CPAN Net-SMTP-SSL
module, which is the one I am looking for. CPAN lists both the
Net::SMTP::SSL and Net::SMTP::TLS modules. They are not identical.

I need the Net::SMTP::SSL module for a Perl program that I am using. It
is required by the program.

Thanks anyway. I will probably just use CPAN to install the modules.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net

     Why does the bride always wear white?

     Because it is good for the dishwasher to match the stove and
     refrigerator.