Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 23:19:20 +0100
From:      "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current has hosed the i8254 timecounter...

>I'm seeing something similar with -current on this laptop here. Magically,
>if I jiggle the mouse whilst playing an mp3, things start to skip and the
>clock goes *way* off way (sometimes by a few seconds in a few seconds. :)

I've had this for a few weeks now (the skipage). It has been explained as
IRQ latency due to SMPNG code.

Can someone make a guestimate on when this will be fixed?

Also I was dd'ing the install floppies today, and when I was in X with xmms
playing I got about 300-600 bytes/s transfer rate to fd0. After a reboot
and being on the commandline I got 27K/s. Except when I moved my mouse,
then the transfer top floppy would slow down straight away.

         DocWilco