Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 19:11:08 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Louie <louie@sunra.csci.unt.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Libretto 70CT problems

In message <199801232354.QAA23233@mt.sri.com> Nate Williams writes:
: [ I have no idea on sound ]

Nor do I.

: Have you messed with /etc/rc.serial?

I've not had luck with the serial ports on my Libreto 50CT.

: > 3) What's involved in getting the IrDA port to work?  (I haven't
: > tried yet.)  Does it just look like another serial port or is there
: > more to it?
:
: There's more to it.  Apparently it doesn't 'just work', and requires
: non-existant patches to have it do anything useful.

It is supposed to just work, but it doesn't :-(.  At least not that
I've been able to see.  This is under both FreeBSD and Win95.

: > 4) Any word on floppy support?  I saw in the mail archives that
: > someone was going to work on it.  Any progress?
:
: Warner Losh would know more as he owns one.

I have a hacked fd driver that works great, except that it doesn't do
DMA, which is required for floppies (so in reality, it doesn't work at
all).  Recently I purchased the Mindshare PCMCIA Architecture book,
but haven't shaken loose enough time to work on it further.

Warner