Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 07:20:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        egravel@elr346.ateng.az.honeywell.com (Emmanuel Gravel)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Syquest drives and FreeBSD

In a previous message, Emmanuel Gravel said:
> Are Syquest SparQ drives (and any other in this newer line) supported
> by FreeBSD?  I'm thinking of using this partly as a means of backup,
> instead of using tape drives (much quicker and very much in the same
> price range, if not even cheaper per MB).

I don't have a SparQ but I do have an EZ135 and a SyJet both SCSI and both
work just fine on FreeBSD. In general, you should have no problem using
them if they are SCSI. Probably, they'll be fine if they are IDE. And
probably won't work if they are parellel.

Paul.

--
I'm the bad guy? ... How did that happen?
				- Michael Douglas "Falling Down"