Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:38:00 -0600
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        Mike Ruhl <mruhl@network-alchemy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports update

I posted the same question earlier this morning, and still now response.

Yes, you really have two versions of libtool. The thing is, the newer
one, being of the same version, probably overwrote almost everything. If
you try to remove libtool-1.3.4, it will break 1.3.4_2, and vice versa.
If you were to update a port that had major changes between versions,
you'd see files from both versions.

If you want to purge libtool-1.3.4, remove it with pkg_delete, and
reinstall libtool-1.3.4_2. You may not be able to do this cleanly,
though... The only way to force a package removal that has dependencies
to satisfy is to hack away at /var/db/pkg, which is not a clean
solution.

I'm still waiting for an answer, hopefully there's a clean way to
satisfy dependencies.

--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx