Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:38:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Marc Giannoni <marc@versa.eng.comsat.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NETCCITT sources

<<On Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:16:00 -0400 (EDT), Marc Giannoni <marc@versa.eng.comsat.com> said:

Sending the same message to four disparate lists is not a way to Win
Friends and Influence People.

> A 'core' team member expressed the opinion that there was just not
> enough interest to justify reviving these.

No, that's not really our reason for killing the X.25 support.  We
simply don't have any major kernel developers who are able to support
this particular dusty deck.  As we further evolve the networking code,
dealing with an ancient, obsolete protocol stack would be a
significant hindrance.

We're perfectly willing, however, to ``bless'' any third party who
wanted to try to make this stuff work.

-GAWollman