Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 17:38:05 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, support@cyclades.com
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help with Cyclades!!!

Hi!

*** I really need an answer, so I posted this to both -questions and -bugs ***

We're running 2.2.6-STABLE on our server.

Yesterday I replaced Cyclades Cyclom-8Ye (ISA version) by new
Cyclom-8YeP (PCI version) with hope to improve the performance.

ISA card worked well about 3 month without any problems at all.
Five 33.6 modems attached to it at 57600 baud-rate.

Both cards (ISA and PCI) are revision 1.02.
The new serial module is SM8 II.

The standard FreeBSD driver doesn't support SM8/SM16 II, so the
the card was recognized but ports are not working.

I installed the driver updated by Cyclades (ftp.cyclades.com).
The card is recognized ok and the ports are now working, but I got
silo overflows:

cy0 <Cyclades Cyclom-Y Serial Adapter> rev 1 int a irq 11 on pci0:15:0

cy1: 1 more silo overflow (total 1)
cy0: 3 more silo overflows (total 6)
cy0: 6 more silo overflows (total 12)
cy1: 1 more silo overflow (total 2)
cy1: 5 more silo overflows (total 7)
cy2: 1 more silo overflow (total 2)
cy2: 6 more silo overflows (total 8)
... and so on ...

I tried:

1. to decrease baudrate from 115200 down to 38400 - this didn't help
2. #undef PollMode in the driver (cy.c) - gave me a kernel panic

Any help (patch, workaround, etc.) would be much appreciated.

In FreeBSD we trust!
--
Ruslan Ermilov          System Administrator
ru@ucb.crimea.ua        United Commercial Bank