Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:43:28 -0600
From:      "Chad Albert" <chadalbert@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Download

If you are asking how to download the FreeBSD operating system, here is a
great start to finish step by step guide
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-pre.html
It covers installing from the internet and from CD.  If you want to download
CD images so that you can burn your own CDs you can download the ISO files
here ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/4.4

Please note that what you are calling software is an operating system.  It
is not something that installs on Windows.  It is something you install
INSTEAD of Windows.  Have fun!