Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 08:12:19 -0700
From:      Greg Rumple <grumple@zaphon.llamas.net>
To:        Pete Carah <pete@ns.altadena.net>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Screen brightness on Sony Vaio Z600-HEK

If the Z600 is anything like my XG18, than the Function-F5 key is
actually a hook to a windows application (and thus can't be used from
anywhere but inside windows).  It's not an actualy in bios-item like it
was on my Dell Lattitude.

Greg

* Pete Carah (pete@ns.altadena.net) [010507 15:07]:
> Answering this again - perhaps you are trying to use ACPI and it doesn't
> handle fn-5, or perhaps on the Z600 Sony requires ACPI for fn-5 and
> you don't have it?
>
> I don't yet trust ACPI for the portable...
>
> -- Pete

Greg Rumple