Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:05:38 -0700
From:      JeffR <jeffr@san.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   geForce/LCD monitor

I am going to try installing FreeBSD on my machine again. I have a Dell,
with the Dell geFORCE 256 32MBAGP and digital out. I also have the Dell
1501 15in flat panel LCD monitor. Each time in the past I have tried to run
X, I have been met with a pink screen that flashes. Its really rather
lovely, but not very useful.

Im not sure if this problem is related to the video card, or the LCD
monitor. Im leaning toward the monitor, because X specifically supports the
nVidia geFORCE chipset. The problem is, unlike the Linux version of X, the
FreeBSD version does not seem to offer readymade LCD display options in the
monitors section. So I really have no idea what I should be setting the
monitor settings at. Taking the settings from the monitor manual doesnt
seem to help either.

Has anyone had any experience with LCD monitors?

Thanks,

Jeff