Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:51:04 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        Tommy Hallgren <thallgren@yahoo.com>, FreeBSD-Advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Record

"Jason C. Wells" wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Tommy Hallgren wrote:
>
> >Shouldn't we take advantage of the record ftp.cdrom.com set some days
> >ago by writing some "official statement" and post it to places like
> >slashdot.org and yahoo?
>
> Go for it.

Right on, Jason.  Pick up the reins and go for it.  Tommy, here's a simple
template for you, copped from a message I wrote this morning:

<H3>{put your title here}</H3>
by {your name here}<br>
Copyright &copy; {year} {your name again}
<P>
Write your article here, using simple HTML.
<P>
Try to stick with just paragraph and simple formatting tags, like
italic, bold, or emphasis.
<P>
When you've finished, email this to articles@daemonnews.org, with
a subject of "FreeBSD News Flash."
<P>
Your article-let will appear in the next issue of Daemon News.

We've been discussing having the "News Flash" items updated regularly
throughout the month, but we're still getting the 'zine into shape.
This probably won't happen for a while.

The topic can be any newsworthy tidbit about FreeBSD, or any other BSD
system.  I sent one this morning about Lan Times magazine using FreeBSD
in their test labs.

Since you own the copyright, you can submit this to other publications
as well.  I think both SlashDot and Linux Weekly News would be receptive
of most non-trivial FreeBSD news items.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com