Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:19:12 -0600
From:      Dave Cantrell <phaedrus@alltel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, kde@mail.kde.org
Subject:   trouble ftp'ing kdebase-2.2.1.tar.bz2 source file

I do not appear to be able to ftp the kdebase-2.2.1.tar.bz2 file from
either the main kde source site (or any of the mirror sites) to my FreeBSD
4.4 box. I can grab the file from any of the WinXx boxen at my disposal,
but still cannot ftp the file to my FreeBSD box from any of them either.

The ftp session ALWAYS stalls at exactly the same point, 4876kb (or more
exactly 4993024 bytes).  I receive no error messages, the session just
stalls until I CTRL-C and kill the session.

At first I thought it was the file size, but before and since then I have
ftp'd numerous files larger than the 12 meg of kdebase.  I then thought
about some sort of quota's, but as far as I know, there is no such thing on
my 1-user system, I sure didn't explicitly set them up :-); besides the
same thing happens when I try to ftp it alone, in the middle or at the end
of a larger ftp session.

I have checked the archives, and no one else appears to have had problems
grabbing the kde-2.2.1 source files (compiling/installing is another
matter).   I have had absolutely no problem (like this) with any other
file, ever, including ftp'ing all the other kde-2.2.1 source files from the
same sites.

Any ideas on what is causing this problem, would be appreciated, otherwise
I'll just have to say at 2.2 until 2.2.2 comes out :-(

drc
--
Dave Cantrell		| Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is User Friendly.
phaedrus@alltel.net	| It's just choosy with whom it makes friends.