Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 03:55:22 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Alexander Prohorenko <white@extra.com.ua>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel build problem

Alexander Prohorenko wrote:

> Hey guys.
>
> I've just tried to cvsup to -stable version and it passed with sucess.
> But when I've tried to make new kernel I've got this error.
> please, give me some advise to figure out the way out.  Thanks.

First of all, when you have a -stable problem, you are supposed ask
question like this on the stable list. There, most of us have seen
this, and made it past. It seems to come in 2 or 3 levels. If you are
part of the easy (1st group), the instruction in /usr/src/UPDATING
will get you past this problem. The headers used to be generated and
now they are part of the souce. Combinations of rm and "make cleandir"
are required. If the UPDATING doesn't fix it, look at the archive for
stable. All of the solutions are available there.

Kent

> Looking forward your replies.

> Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi -c linux_sysent.c
> In file included from linux_sysent.c:14:
> linux_proto.h:57: syntax error before `linux_time_t'
> linux_proto.h:57: `linux_time_t' undeclared here (not in a function)
> linux_proto.h:57: syntax error before `)'
> linux_proto.h:57: `linux_time_t' undeclared here (not in a function)
> linux_proto.h:57: syntax error before `)'
> linux_proto.h:156: syntax error before `linux_handler_t'

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com