Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:50:45 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Drew <usernumber1000@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vi key bindings

In the last episode (Oct 20), Drew said:
> This is slightly off topic so please excuse me, or please point me to
> the correct list.  I have a FreeBSD 4.1.1 box.  I have heard a lot of
> really cool things about zsh from a number of ppl.  I have installed
> zsh via the ports collection.  I set it as my shell and I can not get
> vi keybindings to work.  In bash I use "set -o vi".  This errors in
> zsh with:
>
>     set: no such option: vi
>
> Can anyone please provide me with the correct syntax?

The correct list would be zsh-users@sunsite.auc.dk

From the zsh manpage:

       There  are two keymaps - the main keymap and the alternate
       keymap.  The alternate keymap is bound to vi command mode.
       The  main  keymap  is  bound to emacs mode by default.  To
       bind the main keymap to vi insert mode,  use  bindkey  -v.
       However,  if one of the VISUAL or EDITOR environment vari-
       ables contain the string vi when the shell starts  up  the
       main keymap will be bound to vi insert mode by default.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com