Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:52:14 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, jbryant@unix.tfs.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: merging win95 and nt filesystem changes into msdosfs

> > Well, I think Poul has honestly done a lot of work in this area, and
> > I've done most of the rest of the work, if only people would take the
> > code without insisting on understanding how it works, so long as it
>
> It's not "people" who need to take this code, however.  What's needed
> is "a person" (possibly more than one, but that's neither here nor
> there) who's also wearing a committer hat and is willing to front this
> for you in -current.  Find yourself that person to stand behind and
> understand that no matter what you might personally be willing to
> promise, it's still HE who's going to be held most principally
> responsible for it since his fingerprints will be the ones directly on
> the repository and so should thus have at least some *hope* of
> understanding your code, at least.

I was/am willing to do this, but at a price that Terry is intimately
familiar with, yet he has refused to pay.  IMHO, until he is willing to
educate me to a certain amount, then I'm unwilling to commit his code.

He claimed to be willing, but when things started hitting the fan
(rubber meets the road, push came to shove) nothing of any consequence
happened.  This was almost 5 months ago.

Nate