Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 1997 11:13:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, abial@korin.warman.org.pl, luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: ANNOUNCE: The 1.44 Mbyte Web Challenge (comp.windows.x.apps)

> In message <199707011714.KAA18612@phaeton.artisoft.com> Terry Lambert writes:
> : How about "OpenBSD and NetBSD can boot from one, but FreeBSD can not"?
>
> Then why was I able to boot FreeBSD on my PPro off my JAZ drive when
> the disk that was supposed to come with it hadn't arrived?

Did you hack the controller configuration on an Adaptec controller?

Or are you running an NCR?

The boot code does not like removable media which shows up as
removable (from what I can tell).

In all fairness, NetBSD Alpha has a hell of a time booting from
a JAZ disk as well (NCR53C810 as well, actually), unless I hack
the timeouts up.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---