Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:25:19 +0200 (EET)
From:      Jarkko Santala <jake@santala.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        Jon Myers <myersjw@alfredstate.edu>, "" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sio1 reserved?

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Jon Myers writes:
>  > Is there any way to get at sio1?  upon bootup, I always get "sio1: reserved
> <..>
>
> This is left over from using sio1 for kernel debugging years ago.
> I'll see if I can get it yanked before the next release.  Its already
> gone in -current.

Is this the only reason? I think I tried using sio1 on a AS1000 for
accessing the serial console of another alpha and the AS1000 would then
lock up everyone now and then. The locking up stopped when I stopped using
sio1.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64