Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 19:02:40 -0500
From:      Carey Jones <mcj@acquiesce.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ICQ and jdk1.1.5.V98-2-25

Has anyone had any luck getting ICQ for java (v0.981a) to work on with
the most recent FreeBSD port of jdk?  I've read the web page and tried
the suggestions there regarding tweaking the firewall settings, but it
doesn't seem to have worked.

The problem I'm having is that I can actually connect and receive
messages, but I cannot search for new users to add (so I don't know
if I can send messages either).  No data gets transmitted.

I'm on 2.2.6-STABLE.

Any help would be appreciated.

 - Carey

--
If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to
show you how it's done.