Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 21:46:59 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        Fabrizio Invernizzi <Fabrizio.Invernizzi@CSELT.IT>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: icewm configuration

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Fabrizio Invernizzi wrote:

> Can someone give me some pointer to some  documentation about howto
> configure icewm?

I've just been playing with this myself.  I didn't use an auxiliary
configurator (iceconf|icepref|?) - just diddled with the configuration
file and .xpms in ~/.icewm directory structure directly.

I've settled on the "nice" theme although one or two of the others aren't
too bad.  The theme can be selected from the menu.

ISTR the source tarball containing some HTML docs (not installed by the
package/port AFAICT :-( ), one of which had a description of most of the
options that go in the ~/.icewm/preferences file and the
~/.icewm/themes/<theme>/*.theme files.  It was lacking some of the colour
options, but I found nearly all of these in the default.theme in one of
the other theme directories, and the last one I nutted out by examining
the strings in the icewm binary.

The only residual wrinkle I've got is the mail icon shown when the INBOX
is empty isn't the one I want and I haven't found out where its getting it
from :-(.

I'm using the version distributed on the 3.1 CDs (0.9.29 IIRC), but I note
that icewm's patch level is ratcheting fairly rapidly (think I saw 0.9.41
go by on freshmeat).

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia