Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:23:41 +0300
From:      Sergey Golub <golub@ns.netman.ts.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel can't find my serial ports

Dear support team,

My kernel can not find sio0, sio1 serial ports at boot time.
The kernal rebuilding has not changed the situation.
Meantime, win95 finds them very well.

I have Pentium 166MMX/32/2.1 machine with KM-T5-T1 Intel
Triton TX matherboard with integrated com-ports on it.
I have standard settings for serial ports:
sio0 irq=4 port=3f8
sio1 irq=3 port=2f8

and I have following lines in kernel configuration file:

device sio0 at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device sio1 at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr

It is my kernel output for serial ports:

sio0 not found at 0x3f8
sio1 not found at 0x2f8

What can I do to correct this situation?

Sincerelly,
Sergey.