Date:      Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:55:22 +0200
From:      rudo tomori <rudotx@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   BFS scheduler weekly status report

Hi,
the goal of my project is to implement a BFS - like scheduler into the
FreeBSD. I started off with the original 4.4BSD code, and by iterative
modifications I will develop a scheduler that matches the BFS design
as specified in http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs/sched-BFS.txt.

Last week I added some cpu topology awareness into my scheduler. When
choosing an idle cpu for a thread that is waking up, I prefer idle
cpus that are in the cpu group of the last cpu where the thread was
running. I have also been working on a live cd that will contain my
scheduler. You can find more info at my project blog page
http://rudot.blog.com/.

Next week I will firstly finish the work on the live cd. Then I will
run the similar benchmarks as I run at the beginning of the project. I
will publish the results at my project blog page.

rudo