Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 20:45:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Louie <louie@sunra.csci.unt.edu>
To:        imp@village.org, nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, louie@sunra.csci.unt.edu
Subject:   Re: Libretto 70CT problems

> From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
>
> In message <199801232354.QAA23233@mt.sri.com> Nate Williams writes:
>
> : Have you messed with /etc/rc.serial?
>
> I've not had luck with the serial ports on my Libreto 50CT.

This turned out to be a cable problem.  I put a RS232 mini-tester
(breakout box with lights) on it and saw CD was missing.  With a
different cable the defualt serial setup works fine.

> : > 3) What's involved in getting the IrDA port to work?  (I haven't
> : > tried yet.)  Does it just look like another serial port or is there
> : > more to it?
> :
> : There's more to it.  Apparently it doesn't 'just work', and requires
> : non-existant patches to have it do anything useful.
>
> It is supposed to just work, but it doesn't :-(.  At least not that
> I've been able to see.  This is under both FreeBSD and Win95.

FreeBSD sees two serial ports on my 70CT:

sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
sio0: type 16550A
sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
sio1: type 16550A

I assume sio1 is the IrDA port.  If I could find an inexpesive IrDA
adapter for my PC it might be fun to what I could get to work.

Louie <louie@sunra.csci.unt.edu>