Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 13:20:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Smith <andy@esslink.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   help with installation please

Hi,

I'm installing FreeBSD on a Pentium computer.  I purchased
the Walnut Creek CD.  My CDROM is not in the computer I am
installing to, so over my Windows network I copied the
appropriate files onto my computer's hard drive.  Then,
using the computer with the CDROM drive, I made the boot.flp
floppie using makeflp.bat.  I then used that floppie to boot
my computer.  It appears to start booting, then it says
'uncompressing kernel' then it says 'invalid compressed
format,  system halted'.  What should I do?

Thank you for your time,

Andrew Smith
andy@esslink.com
(860) 542-5937