Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 08:06:51 PST
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mounting the second disk

I configure my freebsd system with the recent snapshot (951104?)

I have two disks...

When I installed freebsd on the second disk (a 1.2gig WD), fbsdboot
and booteasy doesn't boot it (booteasy sees it...but won't boot it)
but I can boot off a floppy (by doing wd(1,a)/kernel.

I took off os/2 on my first hard disk and installed a minimal freebsd
disk slice which boots from booteasy on the first hard disk...

But what are the devices (and how can I query the system about them)
on the second hard disk?

Is there anything which explains the syntax of the parititons?

Also, can I make a disk slice in an extended dos partition?

marty		leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Member of the League for Programming Freedom (http://www.lpf.org)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
        Arthur C. Clarke, The Lost Worlds of 2001