Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2001 12:27:59 -0400
From:      JT <luser@ahab.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't send to list: postfix/dns/multiple locations

I recently ran into the dreaded "client host not found" syndrome
trying to send to a list recently.

I found in the archive the mailertable-based solution:
	freebsd.org             smtp:smtp-server.nyc.rr.com
If you can read this, it worked.

However, I've got a laptop that sometimes needs to send mail from
various locations...  Not all of these places have anything like
reverse DNS, and in any case I prefer to run my own SMTP if I can help
it - though I realize DUL lists and the like may occasionally squash the
feasibility of this approach.

I read recently about upgrades to pccard-site.  I'm not using it now
(I have my own little hackery via an include to /etc/rc.conf), but I'm
wondering if that's the sort of thing I should be looking at to swap
sendmail configs when I need to.

Or is there some obvious sendmail feature that I am misunderstanding?
Or should I be looking at postfix?  SMTP-AUTH? (if mutt supports it
;-) or an encrypted tunnel to a Real Mail Server?

Suggestions appreciated (please cc me if answering to questions-).

JT