Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:43:47 -0600
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "Alex Charalabidis" <alex@wnm.net>, "Kurtis Smith" <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I was wondering if Freebsd will run on the FIC-530+ MB with  P133Mhz and  EDO ram (I was having problems with AMD chip in there)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Charalabidis" <alex@wnm.net>
To: "Kurtis Smith" <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: I was wondering if Freebsd will run on the FIC-530+ MB
with P133Mhz and EDO ram (I was having problems with AMD chip in
there)

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Kurtis Smith wrote:
>
> > You have always helped me in the past and I am building another
workhorse
> > out of
> > unormal peices this time.  I had some random reboots with 4.1 on
the
> > FIC-503+ MB
> > with 64mbs of PC100mhz and a P133mhz.  However I tried taking out
the ram and
> > the video card to change them.  But still same problem.  I changed
HD still
> > same problem.
> >
> > I was wondering if there is a known issues with this MB or not it
does ahve
> > the VIA
> > chipset its not with me here I am at work.  But any info is great!
> >
> I have two 503+ boards in service with K6-2 processors and had
several
> random reboots on one of them before I traced the problem to faulty
RAM.
> Since replacing the bad stick, I've had no other issues using
everything
> from 3.3-STABLE onwards. I'm very pleased with their performance and
> stability.
>
> -ac

I've got a K6-2-500 in a FIC-503+, and while even my Grandmother has
told me that this motherboard is a piece of junk, it runs flawlessly
for me.  I've gotten 30+ days of uptime out of it several times.  (It
lives at home with small kids, so a certain amount of power cycling is
"normal")

Josh