Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2006 02:03:31 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Striking Linux programs: Acroread7, Opera, Foxfire

Quoting Neal Delmonico <ndelmonico@sbcglobal.net> (Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:51:59 -0500):

> I thought I should update this list on my experiences with the Linux
> programs that have been on strike since the new Linux base was
> instituted.  On one of my amd64 machines whose world was rebuilt from
> yesterday's current sources (17 Aug), I get a forced reboot when I try

I did commit a fix yesterday. At least it is supposed to fix it. If
not: please send the panic message and a backtrace. If you don't know
how to do this the handbook will tell you more.

> to start acroread7 and Opera.  No questions asked, screen freezes, and
> the machine reboots.  Before that I used to only get segmentation faults
> (with a bash.core left behind).  Things have gone from bad to worse.
> But that is often a sign that a solution is just around the corner, right?

No, jhb@ hasn't got enough debug output to fix this. If you know how to
add some printf()s to the kernel, feel free to coordinate with him.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
operators on strike due to broken coffee machine